Friday, August 3, 2012

Taco Zucchini Boats

I tried something on a whim yesterday and it was YUMMY!  I'd made a bunch of lean ground beef for tacos (using a nice crisp lettuce as the "shell")  I portioned off the leftovers and figured I'd use them the following day in a salad.  Well that night while perusing Pinterest I saw something I thought could work...so I decided to give it a shot.   The result was SUPER delicious so I wanted to make sure I got it down so I'd remember...and so you could try it too!


Taco Zucchini Boats


I took two medium size zucchini, sliced them in half and used a melon baller to scoop a trench in each one.  I chopped up 1/2 a yellow pepper and mixed it with the meat I'd set aside from the day before.  I spooned this into the zucchini, baked at 350 for about 25 mins.  When it was done I pulled it out of the oven, grated some fresh Parmesan on it and gave it a good 2-3 twists of fresh ground pepper/garlic/salt (a McCormick seasoning that is AMAZING)

If you try it, let me know what you think!

1 comment: