Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Chicken, veggie, and 'rice' stirfry

One thing I have found myself craving is rice.  I've done ok with sweets and bread and soda (which honestly surprised me A LOT...I love my Italian Coke!!) but I've craved a side of rice with my veggies.  I saw on Pinterest a recipe to make 'rice' out of cauliflower so I decided to give it a shot.  I added it to a super yummy stir-fry.  

Ok, how to do it.  It is SO easy...I promise.  

1-  wash and dry your cauliflower.  
2 - grate it using a cheese grater (or use a food processor)
3 - cook it (steamer, boil, microwave, whatever)

Seriously, that's it.  

Ok, now how I did my recipe.  

1- Heated some olive oil, minced garlic, chili powder, crushed red pepper flakes and some fresh ground pepper and sea salt in a pan.  Cook until you can really smell the garlic...just a minute or two
2- Add in diced green onions, chopped yellow peppers, and some chopped zucchini.  I also added a dash of soy sauce and a squirt of Rooster Sauce (Sriracha is the official name) because I like it spicy.   Saute until the peppers just barely start to turn soft.  
3- Stir in the chicken (already cooked, cut into cubes) and halved cherry tomatoes, and your (uncooked) 'rice'.  Cook for 3-4 mins

Done!

I loved this so much I plan on making it once a week!  




No comments:

Post a Comment